• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I take my ex to small claims court or do I have to get an attorney?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cls0128

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

My ex husband owes me money from our income tax return from last year and I know he will not split it again this year. In our divorce agreement he is suppose to claim both of our kids and we our suppose to split the income tax return and give me a copy of the income tax return and he has not done that. I have not heard or seen him since March 2009, he has nothing to do with his kids he only pays child support. I do not have the money for an attorney to take him back to court at this time and was hoping I could take him to small claims court. He owes me around $3,000.00.

racer72

You already have a judgment, it's called your divorce decree. Take the ex back to court and have the decree enforced.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">