• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I use AUDIO as evidence for a $1500 claim? How likely am I to win if ...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cp25

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NEW JERSEY.

I loaned my a "friend" $1500 because he agreed to pay back within a week. It has already been two months. The money loaned was cash. I have bank statement that shows when that amount was withdrawn.

This man is talking about bankrupcy. I call him frecuently and he wants to file a harrassement complaint against me. I have recorded the majority of our phone conversations and saved a few text messages where I am politely demanding my money.

Can I use AUDIO as evidence for a $1500 claim? How likely am I to win if defendant says he is going on "banckrupcy" and cannot pay me back or that he has intentions of paying me back but when he can.

I loaned $1500 and fear this man will get away with this in court. How likely am I to win? Even if it takes him longer to pay back, I want him to back it up with something - in this case, a court document where he states he will actually pay.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If your friend is on the verge of bankruptcy, then a lawsuit may, in fact, drive him over that edge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">