• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can My Ex report a gift stolen he gave to me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mistress unk

I live in Texas and my Ex asked me to give my bedroom suite away in promises of buying me another one since he did not want to lay on it if previous relationships shared it with me. He ended up financing it but promised to pay it off in 90 days but I found out he is still fianancing it. He does not live and his name is not on my lease but he financially supported me since he asked me to move closer to him and would take care of my bills whether I found a job or not. When we broke up he turned off everything he paid for and now wants the bedroom suite to go back. I have found out he is still possibly married and other girlfriends. Is it legal? The furniture was delivered to my address in his name. The company was aware he did not live there and that I was the girlfriend. I was even upset because when they showed to obtain the furniture they were dicussing our personal business outside. He is threating to call the police and report it stolen and have me arrested under a felony since the agreement is worth $4000. Can he do this? Can I keep the furniture and ignore all threats? Can aything be done to me? Should I contact the rental store and tell them what?

Antigone*

I live in Texas and my Ex asked me to give my bedroom suite away in promises of buying me another one since he did not want to lay on it if previous relationships shared it with me. He ended up financing it but promised to pay it off in 90 days but I found out he is still fianancing it. He does not live and his name is not on my lease but he financially supported me since he asked me to move closer to him and would take care of my bills whether I found a job or not. When we broke up he turned off everything he paid for and now wants the bedroom suite to go back. I have found out he is still possibly married and other girlfriends. Is it legal? The furniture was delivered to my address in his name. The company was aware he did not live there and that I was the girlfriend. I was even upset because when they showed to obtain the furniture they were dicussing our personal business outside. He is threating to call the police and report it stolen and have me arrested under a felony since the agreement is worth $4000. Can he do this? Can I keep the furniture and ignore all threats? Can aything be done to me? Should I contact the rental store and tell them what?

It appears that this furniture is rented, you must return it if he is not making the payments. If you don't it can be considred theft.

ecmst12

In the future, I hope you'll recognize that anyone who wants you to get rid of your bedroom furniture because you had other boyfriends while you owned it is CRAZY!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">