• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a recorded conversation be used in court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cschen22

Before I describe the case, this is going on in the state of INDIANA.

Hello,

I am in a situation where one of my old friends owes me 2200 which i lent him 1 and a half years ago, and he was supposed to pay me almost 1 year ago. He does not deny this to me, or any of our other friends, and keeps telling me "he's strapped for cash" even though he JUST bought a brand new car. I am tired of playing games with him and taking his lies so I plan on going to small claims court. However, I know that once I file a small claims against him he will simply deny the fact that he owes me any money at all. I do have a recent recorded personal conversation (not phone) between ME and HIM in which he clearly acknowledges the amount of money he owes me, and the date is also clearly spoken on the voice recorder. I address him many times in the conversation with his name, and it is clear that he is the person on the tape. Do i have a case against him? And more importantly will the recorded conversation hold up in small claims court??

Thank you for reading this

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">