• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can somebody answer my question here?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rwgintennessee

What is the name of your state? TN

I was working for this man living in a one room building on his land that I lived in as part of the work agreement.I lived there for a little over a year.On monday April 03,2006 I decided I didn't want to work that day and he sent word by his daughter that i needed to leave.I got all the stuff I could get into my car and left.I did leave some stuff that i was intending to go get back out of this place.On Wednesday April 05,2006 his grandson informed me that all of my stuff had been removed.That same day his daughters boyfriend told me that the land owners wife had said if I returned back out there she would call the law.I called him and asked him to bring me my stuff.Sunday April 09,2006 he brought me only the stuff he had in his diesel truck.I had over $1000.00 in computer hardware that is probably destroyed.I had some CD-Rs of pictures of me and my family from vacations and holidays that cannot be replaced.

Should he not have given me a chance to remove the rest of my stuff?
Is there anything i can do about this issue?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Ronnie

seniorjudge

rwgintennessee said:
What is the name of your state? TN

I was working for this man living in a one room building on his land that I lived in as part of the work agreement.I lived there for a little over a year.On monday April 03,2006 I decided I didn't want to work that day and he sent word by his daughter that i needed to leave.I got all the stuff I could get into my car and left.I did leave some stuff that i was intending to go get back out of this place.On Wednesday April 05,2006 his grandson informed me that all of my stuff had been removed.That same day his daughters boyfriend told me that the land owners wife had said if I returned back out there she would call the law.I called him and asked him to bring me my stuff.Sunday April 09,2006 he brought me only the stuff he had in his diesel truck.I had over $1000.00 in computer hardware that is probably destroyed.I had some CD-Rs of pictures of me and my family from vacations and holidays that cannot be replaced.

Should he not have given me a chance to remove the rest of my stuff?
Is there anything i can do about this issue?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Ronnie

double post

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=320918

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">