• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can someone file a suite against you for rumors?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mnangel02

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

I had dated this guy at work, we slept together and after I went to the doctor, found out that i have hpv. I told him because I thought it was the right thing to do. He threatened to get all the money out of me he could to pay for medical bills for it. Just today he threatened to turn me in for sexual harassment over rumors that I never spread. Then stated he filed a suite against me for not telling him I was so he says "dirty for 2 years and lied about it." Can he even file a suite against me for evidence he doesn't have?

BlondiePB

Can he even file a suite against me for evidence he doesn't have?
Anyone can file a lawsuit against another for anything in the U.S. - whether one wins the suit is another matter.

As for filing a suite against you, that sounds like a real estate matter. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">