• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can text messages be used as proof in small claims court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lilmannabanna

Florida
I loaned 600.00 to a friend. 2 months later after repeatedly asking for my money back she told me through a text she put $650.00 in my bank account and did not.(extra 50 for waiting so long) I used my check card here and there and overdrew my bank acct for $245.00. b/c stupidly I believed her and did not check the account to make sure. So I want to sue her for $845, plus filing fees, court costs, and if I need a lawyer... (lawyer costs). I did give her my debit card in Feb. to withdrawling some of the money she needed to borrow, so I'm sure she's on camera at my banks atm withdrawing money from my account. According to her the money was deposited into the wrong Amanda's account. I went to the bank and they said that what she said is untrue. They looked up every person with my name in the state of Floida and there was no depoit made for that amount on the date she supposedly deposited the money. The only proof I have are text messages back and forth about when I was getting paid.
Any advise on this would be greatly appriciated...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">