• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can we use letters

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mandik

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin
Can we have others in our industry write letters to the judge? Do they need to be notarized? Do they have to be there in person? Not sure if this is a law in Wisconsin. Thanks in advance.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mandik said:
What is the name of your state? Wisconsin
Can we have others in our industry write letters to the judge? Do they need to be notarized? Do they have to be there in person? Not sure if this is a law in Wisconsin. Thanks in advance.
My response:

What the heck are you talking about? Perhaps you'd like to tell us your situation. You know what your situation is about, and we don't. What "industry"? What kind of letters? What's going on?

IAAL

mandik

We are suing a mortgage company for appraisal fees. They denied that anyone in the industry pays "trip fees." We have letters from other appraisers stating that this is typical. We also have letters from appraisers that have not been paid from this same company. We want to use these letters in court.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mandik said:
We are suing a mortgage company for appraisal fees. They denied that anyone in the industry pays "trip fees." We have letters from other appraisers stating that this is typical. We also have letters from appraisers that have not been paid from this same company. We want to use these letters in court.

My response:

Okay, now I'm understanding you. The answer is no. Letters, whether or not notarized, are hearsay evidence. Also, "letters" cannot be cross-examined in court; i.e., No one can ask a "letter" a question. Therefore, you're going to need "live" testimony from those persons.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">