• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can you help me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

morochita

What is the name of your state? FL
On October 19, 2006 I was searching for a house to rent. I found one and went to see whether that was were I'm looking for. The owner showed me the house, which was what I was looking for.

I gave the onwer $1,200 (amount require in the paper ad). She signed a statement that I use as receipt, which disclouse that I was moving in as soon as she fixed little pety things around the house.. She was supposed to call me when it became ready....A week passed, and to my surprise, I called her to get an update on the house, and whoever picked up told me that she got arrested. I immediately went to the dept. of Corrections website, and there she was, with 5 counts in Conspiracy and some other felony charge. I got a hold of mother and she had agreed to pay me 50% of the money she owed me. She gave a bounce check.
My question: Is it possible to put a lean on her property? Please help, I'am disable and I don't have anyone to drive me to obtain legal information. I already checked with Bay Legal Service and they said they can't do anything for me.

BelizeBreeze

What is the name of your state? FL
On October 19, 2006 I was searching for a house to rent. I found one and went to see whether that was were I'm looking for. The owner showed me the house, which was what I was looking for.

I gave the onwer $1,200 (amount require in the paper ad). She signed a statement that I use as receipt, which disclouse that I was moving in as soon as she fixed little pety things around the house.. She was supposed to call me when it became ready....A week passed, and to my surprise, I called her to get an update on the house, and whoever picked up told me that she got arrested. I immediately went to the dept. of Corrections website, and there she was, with 5 counts in Conspiracy and some other felony charge. I got a hold of mother and she had agreed to pay me 50% of the money she owed me. She gave a bounce check.
My question: Is it possible to put a lean on her property? Please help, I'am disable and I don't have anyone to drive me to obtain legal information. I already checked with Bay Legal Service and they said they can't do anything for me.
First you go to the police with the bounced check and file Theft by deception charges against her. Then you file a separate small claims action for return of the monies which will give you a judgement against her. Then you can use the judgement to get a lien.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">