• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can you Sue for just part of the damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blau

What is the name of your state? CA

I was involved in an auto accident. It was not my fault. The other party's insurance company immited fault. They offer to pay for my Medical, pain and suffering and lost wages. But not for the expence I have incured for going to see the doctor and for the maintanance of insurance. I had to maintain insurance because I was out of work because I was injured from the accident.

They just want me to settle for the Medical, Pain & Suffering and lost wages (which is over $9500). They have said that they will not pay for the milage and the maintance of insurance.

My question is could I sue in small claim seperately on just the expence to go see the doctor and the maintanance of insurance (which is about $500).

thanks

JETX

"could I sue in small claim seperately on just the expence to go see the doctor and the maintanance of insurance (which is about $500). "

*** Theoretically, you might have a claim for the uncompensated portion. In reality, you won't. The problem here is that the insurance company will require that you sign a release when you accept their check to you. And that release will prevent you from taking any further action against them on this claim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">