• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

This cant be fair - Landlord suiing us for.............

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

Im.innocent

What is the name of your state? WISCONSIN

Our landlord (my girlfreinds hot-headed dad) moved in with us and then kicked us out, we had a week to get out and we did,
but now 5 months later he wants to sue us for everything under the sun,

1 - He wants to sue us for 2 months rent (because we didnt give him 2 months notice - he kicked us out!) $600 + $600 for rent even though we were only paying $400.

2. also his floor rug he is saying we damaged that was badly damaged before we moved in (we went out and bought a throw rug so we could cover up his stained floor rug becuase it was in such previous bad damage,

3. a broken door that was already broken when we moved in, we made several calls to him to get this fixed when we first moved in

4. and a heat/water bill that we paid him for already.

FACTS -

1. We NEVER signed a Lease or ANYTHING stating we were living there, just bills of the girlfreinds name on it, none of the bills had my name on them,

2. We NEVER signed anything stating teh condition of the house, saying whats broke and whats not broke,

Now Im mad that he is trying to sue me (he is also suing Family Video for discrimination cuz they dint hire him - just to klet you know how sue happy he is)

I was wondering, Im sure i have nothing to worry about, but id like you to verify any possible worrys, also can i counter sue him for wasting my time and taking off work?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">