• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can't find defendant, have his SSN, what else?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seanplain

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I am trying to locate the defendant and so far neither Sheriff's department nor the private server were able to do so. He basically breached the rental contract and ran away a few months ago. I have his SSN, and I would like to run an SSN search online, but can't trust any of those sites out there (they all seem to be dated).

What can I do with his SSN, and is there a site that you can recommend for a background/address check?

Thanks,
Sean.

CraigFL

I've always found it difficult to find someone who disappeared recently. In order for some of these places to have very recent information, the person would have to registered there or use some other form of ID at the new location. You probably want to find someone who will do a "skip trace" for you. I have found IRBsearch | The Most, The Best, The Fastest very reliable.

seanplain

Thanks Craig.

I will check that web site. In the meantime, I might give my private server a chance, since they also offer skip trace services. I was told that their database is only accessible by private investigators. Not sure how true that is.

~Sean.

seanplain

Well, that database turned out to be IRBsearch.com and I had to pay a lot more for the info that I could've obtained online for a lot less :mad:

Gotta love private investigators :rolleyes:

Anyways, I have obtained what is supposed to be the current address of the defendant and will have him served there. I have also got in contact with somebody on the phone who identified himself as the defendant's friend(!) and told him that the defendant must get in contact with me with the correct address. Nothing happened.

So this time I'll push for a default judgment (after having tried the 3rd time to serve), and will go from there. What is needed to garnish bank accounts and wages? Apparently I won't have any more info than what I currently have, that is only his SSN and *supposedly* correct address. How can I obtain bank account info of the defendant?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">