• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car broke down and got towed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

worrywort2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

Car fuel line froze(winter in Wisconsin) car was parked in library parking lot explained situation to employees and they went above and beyond to help(gave me jump) but even after Heet car still wouldn't start(still way below zero then)

Weather was getting warmer the next day so hoped it would start then after Heet had a chance to work but we'll never know because the supe there had my car towed

Do I have any recourse?

I know they want the cars gone overnight for snow removal but there was NO snow and still isn't any

Am I toast?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

Car fuel line froze(winter in Wisconsin) car was parked in library parking lot explained situation to employees and they went above and beyond to help(gave me jump) but even after Heet car still wouldn't start(still way below zero then)

Weather was getting warmer the next day so hoped it would start then after Heet had a chance to work but we'll never know because the supe there had my car towed

Do I have any recourse?

I know they want the cars gone overnight for snow removal but there was NO snow and still isn't any

Am I toast?
Retrieve your car from the impound yard ASAP to avoid any extra charges.

worrywort2

Did so

I used to work for different towing(and cab) company and took it over there but if I had known I would need to get it towed by ANYONE I would of had it sent there instead of paying for TWO tows

I was hoping if it warmed up some I could get it started myself

Zigner

Did so

I used to work for different towing(and cab) company and took it over there but if I had known I would need to get it towed by ANYONE I would of had it sent there instead of paying for TWO tows

I was hoping if it warmed up some I could get it started myself
Your car was inoperable and was parked on private property without permission. I suppose that, if you could get the employees to state that they gave you permission, then you could seek reimbursement...but I suspect that nobody's going to admit to anything.

worrywort2

Your car was inoperable and was parked on private property without permission. I suppose that, if you could get the employees to state that they gave you permission, then you could seek reimbursement...but I suspect that nobody's going to admit to anything.
I talked to everyone available

The big shot wasn't there and even on the day my car was towed she made me wait 6 hours before she'd talk to me

Then she said so sorry so sad if I helped YOU I'd have to help EVERYBODY

Well Duh! Your car breaks down you don't expect the business you were patronizing to have your car towed

Zigner

I talked to everyone available

The big shot wasn't there and even on the day my car was towed she made me wait 6 hours before she'd talk to me

Then she said so sorry so sad if I helped YOU I'd have to help EVERYBODY

Well Duh! Your car breaks down you don't expect the business you were patronizing to have your car towed
Yeah, that really sucks, but it is what it is.

ETA: YOU could have had the car towed yourself...the problem is obviously not that the fuel lines froze.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">