• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car co-signer issue ~PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

edevine

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Hello. I'm from Pittsburgh, PA. I have poor credit & had a co-signer sign a $14,000 loan with me to purchase a car. The woman that signed the for the car with me is married & was having an affair on her husband with me. Since the car was signed for, we had a fall out & of course, she ran back to her husband. Now she is threatening to take the car from me every day. She said she can easily pay like $100 to get me taken off the loan and take the car back without my permission. Her credit score was like 700 & mine only a 450 or so. She is the first signer on the car due to her having good credit & me bad. The car payments (we got the car like 3 months ago) have been paid by my credit card in my name. The beginning downpayment of around $350 & initial payment on insurance $180 have been payed by her. The insurance is also in my name & payed by me monthly. Can she just take the car still? what do I do? What can I do if anything? I don't get how she can just take it & back out of the deal just because she no longer likes me. I have made the first 3 payments on time & plan to do so. I know you can transfer a loan into your own name & drop a cosigner once you pay on it so long & build some credit up but at this point with such bad credit I dont think it's possible for me.

Thanks!

P.s. I'm sure this might be the wrong section for this but I had no idea what forum to post it in.

justalayman

so, in whose name is the vehicle titled and if both, is there an "and" or an "or" or no conjunction between the names?

edevine

so, in whose name is the vehicle titled and if both, is there an "and" or an "or" or no conjunction between the names?
Hmm I had to go look out in the car to see what I had. The Title was signed Buyer x & buyer x

Both of our signatures as buyer.

There was a cosign signature space underneath that was left blank.
So I'm assuming for the title it would just have both of our names on it.

The receipt of purchase for the car from the lot is only in my name, as well as the $1200+ warranty that was included in the loan. The dealership knew the car was for me only but had to put her name/address as primary (top signature) for the loan for approval. He said after the loan was accepted I could call in & switch the address, which I did but the mail comes for

Jackie (her)
Eric (me)
then my address

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">