• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car dealer rip-off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amtat

GA: Car dealer promissed me to bid on my behalf, on a clear itle,auto.transm.4dr. 96 honda accord from Chattanooga,TN. I paid $1763.00 by check in advance. When the car arrived it was heavily damaged,manual transm. 2dr. and most of all salvaged car with lots of other problems. Now he is demanding that I bear all expenses, ie. repair, DMV inspection,and for new title. I refused demanding full refund,Being aware of the fact that I don't have written agreement or witness he refused and kept on to the car. This was in March of 2010. Since then have tried to convince him through repeated tel.calls, sending him demand letter via e-mail and USP registered mail and finally reporting to BBB, but continuously ignored all. But later-on he sent a letter to BBB and acknowledged he has taken the money from me and will refund when the car is sold.When challenged why he puts preconditions, he withdrew again and is still at-large. I'm intending to try magestrate court.
Do I have a case, atleast to get my refund back? how do I proceed? can you provide legal tips?
AmataWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

GA: Car dealer promissed me to bid on my behalf, on a clear itle,auto.transm.4dr. 96 honda accord from Chattanooga,TN. I paid $1763.00 by check in advance. When the car arrived it was heavily damaged,manual transm. 2dr. and most of all salvaged car with lots of other problems. Now he is demanding that I bear all expenses, ie. repair, DMV inspection,and for new title. I refused demanding full refund,Being aware of the fact that I don't have written agreement or witness he refused and kept on to the car. This was in March of 2010. Since then have tried to convince him through repeated tel.calls, sending him demand letter via e-mail and USP registered mail and finally reporting to BBB, but continuously ignored all. But later-on he sent a letter to BBB and acknowledged he has taken the money from me and will refund when the car is sold.When challenged why he puts preconditions, he withdrew again and is still at-large. I'm intending to try magestrate court.
Do I have a case, atleast to get my refund back? how do I proceed? can you provide legal tips?
AmataWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Sue the bad guy in small claims. Show up and present your case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">