• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car dealer trade in conflict

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Neal

What is the name of your state? Ca
I traded in a car at a dealer for another car that was worth alot less than the one I got in return. I received a difference payment and was told when I drop off the title a few days later, they would send me another check. I received a phone call after about a week or so and they again told me that when I bring them the title that I would get another check for "forty-one something". The next day I took them the title and the lady in accounting said they would mail me a check in a day or so. Well I got the check and put it in the bank. About a week later, I got a message on my phone that they mailed the wrong amount and that they cancelled the check and would issue another. Well by than I paid alot of bills and they couldn't cancel it becouse its been about a week and I already spent it. Now I got a letter in the mail saying I'm getting sued in small clams court for overpayment. I traded a car bluebooked at 35,000 for a car on the lot that was for sale for 21,000. They paid me 4,189.00 when I traded in my car. Than after I took them the title, they sent me a check like they said they would for 4,189.00. What do I say in court? If they did over pay me, And I paid some bills and don't have the money anymore, whats going to hapen? Thank you for any answers in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">