• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Door Bent from Recovery Service

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ejs0202

About a month ago, I called AAA because I accidentally locked my keys in my car. A recovery service was sent who was unable to get my keys, however, in his attempt to retrieve my keys, he bent both car door frames (one more noticeably bent than the other). After a month of hassle back and forth with AAA and the recovery service sent out, the manager from the recovery service agreed to look at the damage just yesterday. He basically said he would repair it if water leaked in.
I don't want monetary compensation, just the car door frame fixed. What can I do at this point? Contact their corporate office? Contact BBB? I just want it fixed already, and I'm tired of getting the run around! HELP! :(What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

sandyclaus

About a month ago, I called AAA because I accidentally locked my keys in my car. A recovery service was sent who was unable to get my keys, however, in his attempt to retrieve my keys, he bent both car door frames (one more noticeably bent than the other). After a month of hassle back and forth with AAA and the recovery service sent out, the manager from the recovery service agreed to look at the damage just yesterday. He basically said he would repair it if water leaked in.
I don't want monetary compensation, just the car door frame fixed. What can I do at this point? Contact their corporate office? Contact BBB? I just want it fixed already, and I'm tired of getting the run around! HELP! :(What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
First, put your demands in writing to the recovery service, and forward a copy of the letter to AAA to let them know that you have a problem with the company they hired to perform recovery services to you. They might be able to assist you with your claim against the services they subcontracted to you.

If that fails, then you should sue the recovery service. If you include AAA they will just say they subcontracted the job, and that because it was performed by their subcontractor, they alone would be liable for any damages.

Before suing, be sure to obtain at least 3 estimates for the cost of repairs to both doors, then sue for the highest estimated value of those repairs.

More likely than not, once that recovery service sees you're serious about getting the damage repaired, they'll want to settle it out of court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">