• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car illegally towed, won court case, now need help to collect judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

drake0727

What is the name of your state? TX

hi i have a unique situation here. first of all i got illegally towed from an abandoned parking lot next to where i work. i did all the paperwork, went to court, and won the case. my problem comes in on how to collect my money.

the court issued me an order for the towing company to reimburse me on april 1, 2005 (when the trial was, but the trashy towing company did not show up so i automatically win :D ). i started pursuing the towing company around the end of april, to give both parties both time to send the appropriate documents needed to recoup my losses.

now it's the end of may, the towing company claims they "did not recieve an order by the court" which makes me believe they just tossed the order in the trash. i called up the county court and they said they are going to resend the orders to the towing company.

i talked to the judge and he recommended an "order of contempt" if they do not pay, which he said i would need a lawyer or attorney. so my question is should i threaten this towing company with a letter from me filing for contempt or just hire an attorney and let him handle it?

in the end, i just want my money back, not go through more hassle. if i do hire an attorney though, the towing company would have to pay for the order of contempt trial we would have, since i already won the initial case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">