• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car issues :(

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dwsmith19

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? tx

i have a car that a friend and i have a verbal agreement on that it was given to me. i have put in a new engine and if i hadn't the car would not be in working condition. can i remove the engine legally without any problems? i still have the receipts for the purchase and labor.:mad:

CraigFL

This is a bit unclear but sounds like your friend gave you the car to use(he still holds title), you fixed it by adding a working engine and now he wants it back so you want to know if you can take your engine out before you give it to him??

We don't know what your agreement was but if you were just to use it, you would need to return it to the condition he gave it to you which probably means it should have the old engine back in it...

dwsmith19

ok.. the car was given to me in a verbal agreement not to just use but to have.. but the title is still in the finance co's name b/c she hadn't finished paying on the car so we couldn't switch the title over.. i offered to pay the balance off to get the title but with us being (what i thought was) such good friends i didn't pressure her to do it.. now she wants the car back but i don't have the old engine anymore they junked it.. it was no good not even for rebuilding it..

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">