• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car loan on credit card

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chiefmommy

What is the name of your state? Texas
I was with this guy and I allowed him to purchase a car with my credit card. We worked out an agreement of paying $300 a month and giving me his income tax. Times were rough for him so he only paid the minimum due on the credit card. He never gave me the income tax. He also owes me for a cell phone bill he couldn't pay all of. Now since I got upset with him for messing around with the neighbors daughter, he refuses to pay me anything. I have already tried to go to mediation, but he no showed. What do I do now since small claims is only up to $5000, and he owes me $8000.00? I put the title in his name since I never thought he would not pay me. He never signed a notorized agreement but I have copies of all the agreements we have ever put together. Also at one point he was on my credit card so it shows him making various purchases off of it. HELP!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

This is hilarious!

Chiefmommy said:
I was with this guy and I allowed him to purchase a car with my credit card. We worked out an agreement of paying $300 a month and giving me his income tax. Times were rough for him so he only paid the minimum due on the credit card. He never gave me the income tax. He also owes me for a cell phone bill he couldn't pay all of. Now since I got upset with him for messing around with the neighbors daughter, he refuses to pay me anything. I have already tried to go to mediation, but he no showed. What do I do now since small claims is only up to $5000, and he owes me $8000.00? I put the title in his name since I never thought he would not pay me. He never signed a notorized agreement but I have copies of all the agreements we have ever put together. Also at one point he was on my credit card so it shows him making various purchases off of it. HELP!!

My response:

Congratulations!

Your initial post was copied and just became a Runner-Up in our end-of-the-year, "Most Stupid Post" contest, being held on December 15, 2005 and the winner will be chosen by popular vote on that date!

Thank you! Make sure to come back on December 15, 2005 to see if you're our Grand Prize winner! Our 2004 Winner walked away with a brand new Chevrolet "Corvette" convertible!

Here's a list of the finalists of the 2004 "Most Stupid Post" contest so that you can compare yours to the "competition". Just click on this link: https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=204109 and have a chuckle or two while reading! NUMBER SIX was our GRAND PRIZE WINNER!

Yes, I know it's incredible, and I know you're blushing with pride - - but, believe it or not, your post could be our Grand Prize winner for 2005! We're giving away TERRIFIC PRIZES! For further Details, Rules, and Prize list, click on this link for more information:

http://petit.philou.free.fr/

IAAL

JETX

Chiefmommy said:
Your only recourse is to go see a local attorney to make a demand on him.... and file a lawsuit if needed.
Sounds like ANOTHER expensive life lesson learned!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">