• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car loan for ex & getting my things back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ShOrTiE487

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I've was with my ex-boyfriend for about 3 years and in that time, I helped him purchase a car. Well, I paid for the car, and we took out a collateral loan from the bank using my money as collateral. The car is titled and registered in both of our names and so is the loan. Since we've broken up, he has not made the payments on the car. Can I get the car back and sell it to pay off the loan?

Also, I bought a dog for $1500 and I've been away on vacation so he's been taking care of the dog. We broke up while I've been away and he refuses to give me my dog back claiming that I bought the dog for HIM! How can I get my dog back?! He supposedly already registered the dog in his name, but the AKC has nothing yet.

I also let him use some of my furniture for his apartment since I also needed somewhere to store it for a short time and it was agreed that when I needed it, I could take it back. Of course, since we broke up, he refuses to give that back to me also. His roommate has told me that I can come and take it back. If I do, can it be considered stealing since it's in his apartment?

Sorry, so many questions. But I have no one to turn to. Please help!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Stupid as a bucket of rocks. I know that's not going to help you, but the reality is that there is no help.

But, as a consolation, I'm sure you've learned never to do something this stupid ever again - - especially with some Hillbilly whose credit went into the crapper long before you meet.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">