• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car parts painted incorrectly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maverickjoe

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hi, I recently bought an one year old used car from a broker. When I was buying I was told the car would be ready for pick up on 24th September but a day before the pick up, they called and said they had found a small damage on the rear bumper of the car. They also claimed they are perfectionists and they wanted to keep the car for a few more days to fix the damage and it will be ready for pick up on 27th September. I insisted I wanted to pick up the car and can drop the car off later for them to fix it. They agreed and I picked up the car on 24th September. When I picked up the car, I also pointed out scratches on both left and right mirror covers and I was assured they would take care of it when I come back for the bumper.

After numerous follow ups they finally took my car in for repair on 14th October (after 3 weeks) and was returned to me on 16th October. When I picked up the car I was shocked to see they had painted the rear bumper and the mirror covers which did not match with rest of the car! When I pointed this out, the manager told me that they have done what I asked and I'm on my own now. I took the car home and later when I emailed them about it, this is the response I got from them "We painted the rear bumper with the factory paint, as we discussed with you prior to taking your car in. Any work you'd like to perform past that we'll leave up to you." I never asked them to paint the whole bumper and at no point was I informed that they would be painting the bumper.

I showed this to a car body shop and they acknowledged that the paint does not match with the car. I was told the car has a candy paint color and it needs to be painted in different process than the other paints. The quote I got from the body shop is around $1,200 to repaint the parts.

I have sent the car brokers many emails trying to get them to fix this but they don't even care to respond anymore. I have wasted a lot of time trying to make them fix this. Please advice how should I proceed and make the broker fix or make them pay for me to fix it.

Appreciate your time and help in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">