• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

plemons

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? washington. I just purchased a car from a friend ,paid cash and recieved a title. Registered the vechicle and transferred into my name. I have not received the vechicle yet and i am getting the run around. what should i do legally? Since the law prevents me from going over to his house and beating his face in.

Last edited:

adjusterjack

You own the car. Go to your friend's house and get it. If he gives you a hard time take out your phone and say "give me my car or I call the police. You've got 30 seconds." Start counting out loud. When you get to 30 dial 911 and ask for a police officer to respond to the theft of your car. Then stand there and wait.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You own the car. Go to your friend's house and get it. If he gives you a hard time take out your phone and say "give me my car or I call the police. You've got 30 seconds." Start counting out loud. When you get to 30 dial 911 and ask for a police officer to respond to the theft of your car. Then stand there and wait.
Whoa there - it's not good to advise the OP to call the emergency number to report a non-emergency. Misuse of the 911 system is a crime. Additionally, this isn't even theft. It's a contractual dispute...a civil matter. The OP's proper recourse is through civil court.

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? washington. I just purchased a car from a friend ,paid cash and recieved a title. Registered the vechicle and transferred into my name. I have not received the vechicle yet and i am getting the run around. what should i do legally? Since the law prevents me from going over to his house and beating his face in.
WHY is your friend refusing to give you the car?

Were you given the keys to the car?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">