• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car rented company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rko4lifee

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
No i live in Toronto, Canada.

Hello
Last year (july 07) i rented a car about three star rent a car. before renting they told me they cover the insurance, they only take cash and etc.
I took the vehicle from them for a week for $ 150 and i had to give them a safety deposit of 500 dollars , they said it was for parking tickets, red light tickets etc.
after a week i returned my vehicle, i asked for my deposit, they said i have to get it after 90 days, then i went after 90 days, their company wasn't there anymore, i asked few people around, but no one told me anything. then the receipt i had, i called the number on it.. no one replied.. and i just let it go.
then after a year, this week i receive a letter from them through small claim court saying that I kept the vehicle more than a week and refused to return it and i also damaged it. they also tells i have a red light ticket as well but they didn't send any picture for it etc. They are claiming me for 1500 dollars. saying they called me but i didnt pick up my phone which they never called me..

I am so worried.. I'm not so experience in these cases. and i don't have any receipt now because who keeps it for this long.
what should i do...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">