• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car repair failure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

arosacope

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? OR
I had my transmission repaired at aamco and after the third time of not being repaired correctly I had it repaired at a different repair facility. I sent a letter asking to be refunded and they offered me $245 of the $1200 repair. I was wondering what costs I could sue for in small claims court? Is there any personal loss or anything else that can be added to the amount I am sueing for?? Should I just name the owner of the particular Aamco location since it is independently owned, or should I list anyone else??
Thanks

Last edited:

arosacope said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? OR
I had my transmission repaired at aamco and after the third time of not being repaired correctly I had it repaired at a different repair facility. I sent a letter asking to be refunded and they offered me $245 of the $1200 repair. I was wondering what costs I could sue for in small claims court? Is there any personal loss or anything else that can be added to the amount I am sueing for?? Should I just name the owner of the particular Aamco location since it is independently owned, or should I list anyone else??
Thanks
Three things could happen.
One). You could name the company (e.g., the nationwide company and/or the corporate company the independant owner is d/b/a as) in the suit and then later the company can file to be discharged from it;

or Two). You can fail to name the company and they may be forced to become named in the suit;

or Three). You might have your suit dismissed for failing to properly name all party defendants.

Do you feel now is a good time to consult an attorney in your area on this one?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">