• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car repair problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bilpush

What is the name of your state? Missouri

Aug. 2001; I Took my 1996 Mazda Miata to 'Car X Muffler & Brake.' Upon completion my "check engine" light was on. The Manager said they shorted the oxygen sensor and they would order the part and replace it. Weeks went by and I was never cantacted. When I followed up they told me the part was never ordered and that they would take care of it this time. I still never heard from them.
Dec. 2001; I took my car back to Car X because my brakes needed work, I brought up the issue in the past and the new manager said he would check it out while the car was up repairing the brakes. He stated that the oxegen sensor appeared to be facing backwards and offered to install the new part free if I bought the part. I didn't think that was fair since they caused the part to break in the first place. Two days later my car broke down and I had it towed to my Mazda dealer. They confirmed that the oxygen sensor had been damaged and also that it was facing the wrong direction touching the drive shaft, which caused the central control panel to short out, making the car not work.
Car X is unwilling to pay for the damages they caused. I've spoken to the Vice President and he is totally uncooperative. I feel that I may have a good case against them for the cost of getting my car back on the road.
Do I have a case?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">