• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Sale/Lien/Collection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Iamthebull

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

In March of 2008 a second vehicle that I had I wanted to get rid of. This vehicle has a lien on it with a finance company. A "friend" of mine stated he would like to purchase the car. The remaining balance on the lien for the car at the time was approx $1400-1500. I informed him up front about the lien, in which he stated he would pay me monthly payments for the payment on the lien statement each month. I agreed, let him take my car and the key with no written agreement or contract of any sort. Since then we stayed in contact but I only received a total of two $100 payments and that is all which were done in cash. During the time since March he did apply to take over the lien with the finance company which was denied. I have since tried to contact him trying to either ask about payment, or to just collect the car. I have not heard from him. The finance company has the title for the car in my name. What steps can/should I take? Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">