• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car stolen at mechanic

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jason T.

What is the name of your state? Oregon

This is the situation. I brought my car into my mechanic. He worked on the car, but needed to keep it overnight. Apparently, someone was able to obtain the keys from inside the garage via a key drop and the car was stolen from an off street parking space outside his garage. My mechanic has been less then cooperative regarding his responsibility. I have been waiting nearly three days for his response regarding his insurance coverage, meanwhile no rental car has been provided. I only had liability on the car, because it is over 20 years old.

Is my mechanic legally responsible in this case? I have never signed anything from him exempting him from responsibility.

S

seniorjudge

dinosaurhat said:
Would this be the case in this case, if not why not?
I do not know; OP did not post further details in response to my question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">