• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Towed from Apartment complex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rjhmap

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I was in the parking lot of the City View Apartment Homes (Hayward, CA) with my friend, a Resident at the time and found that someone had parked in his reserved parking spot. We tracked down the security guard and he said to park over by the maintenance shed. He said he would let them know its OK that my car was there, as long as I was only parked there for 1 day. The next morning I walked to the spot where my car was parked to discover it gone. I went to the apartment complex office and they said they specifically had my car towed and gave me 2 hrs notice. There are no signs around that area stating that was for maintenance workers only. I had to go pay almost $300 to get my car out of tow that same day. On my car they posted a sticker on the driver side window stating that my car would be towed in 24 hours if not moved. But they towed it in 2 hours. I found CVC 22658(a): V.C. Section 22658 - Removal From Private Property

I believe they did not follow the law by only giving me 2 hours notice. I file a Small Claims Court case against the management company right?

Any and all help will needed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">