• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car towed, need help~

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bjscaoyu169

@ Arizona

The second day of our new apartment life, car was towed by the manager.:( We tried to contact her on the first day twice to get a parking permit, but she was not in her office all the time. The second day was Friday and the office time starts from 1 P.M so we planned to ask for the parking permit in the afternoon. But as early as 8:00 in the morning, they towed our car and we need to pay $200 for that. Is there any possibility to claim the money back?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
@ Arizona

The second day of our new apartment life, car was towed by the manager.:( We tried to contact her on the first day twice to get a parking permit, but she was not in her office all the time. The second day was Friday and the office time starts from 1 P.M so we planned to ask for the parking permit in the afternoon. But as early as 8:00 in the morning, they towed our car and we need to pay $200 for that. Is there any possibility to claim the money back?
So, to sum it up: You KNEW you needed a permit or you would be towed...but you chose to park without a permit.
Is that correct?

bjscaoyu169

So, to sum it up: You KNEW you needed a permit or you would be towed...but you chose to park without a permit.
Is that correct?
I know I need the permit to park the first day we moved and we tried to ask for it from the manager. After we got our room key, we could not see her any more in the office. We tried twice that afternoon on her working time, but that lady did not show up. Then... you know, what we can do is wait for the next day

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I know I need the permit to park the first day we moved...
Ok, so forget getting your money back. You shouldn't have parked where you knew you weren't authorized.

Now, if you're nice and use a lot of "please", "thank you", and "I'm sorry about that", you might get them to agree to "help" (ie: maybe pay half?).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">