• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car towed, possibly illegally.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nupreacher

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

I received in the mail a certified letter from a wrecking service that told me that my 1991 buick regal had been towed. I have another car that I usually use and two weeks ago I went out with my dad, in my regal, in order to try to get it sold. When I spoke with the management of the apartment complex I live in, they told me they got complaints because the car had been sitting around for 6 months. They did not try to find out the owner of the car before having it towed.

What legal recourse do I have in this matter?

A

absconder

You have to meet their criteria 1st, was it legally registered, was it legally parked, was it a nuisance,.............if you dont meet that why was it towed? They must state a reason to legally tow it from your entitled spot. Or if its open parking they must also state a reason, if you dispute this call up your city dept that oversees towing and lodge a protest.

A

absconder

In some jurisdictions private property tows are purely the subject of the property owner and the tow company. But you can still go to small claims court and win if the policies of the landlord arent met. They cant single you out .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">