• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Wash shredded my tire

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

danandcindy1101

I live in Arizona and took my car to a local car wash that just had their Grand Opening. It was NOT a touch free car wash but one that you have to drive the tires into a conveyor belt type rack.

The machine started pulling us along and almost instantly jerked the car like we were stuck. It kept jolting and making loud noises. The attendent came over and did something and we continued through the wash. It sounded funny and was very jerky. I even told my husband that it sounded like the tires were being shredded. When we came out, we found out we had a flat shredded tire.

The manager said that it was our fault and there was nothing he could do. It stated on the sign that they are not responible for any damage caused by after-market products. They determined that it was pressure indicators on the tires that stuck out further then "normal" that got ripped off, flattened the tire, then it got shredded and the rim was damaged. I bought the car new from the dealership with these indicators on them. Was it their responsibility to warn me that I had them? As it stands now...they refuse to pay for a new tire and said they are not responible in any way. Do I have a case? What is my best course of action. Thank You

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">