• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

carpet machine staining. Compnay won't pay for full carpet replacement.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cb43

texas. carpet cleaning machine stained our carpet in 4 rooms. wants me to accept a 5 year depreciation on carpet replacement. carpet is 5 years old but we have not considered replacing it until it was stained.what is my legal right? can i get them to replace all carpet (whole house currently matches would like the same look throughout the house.)

JETX

If I understand your question correctly, no, you cannot get 100% replacement for carpet that is 5 years old. It is fair for the carpet cleaning machine 'folks' to pay only the depreciated amount for replacing the carpet that was damaged. This is especially true if the same carpet is still available.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">