• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Carpeting do we have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

luvday123

What is the name of your state? Wi

We own a 2 story and rent the upstairs apartment
We installed carpeting in our unit cheaper ,because at the time we were going to sell,but deceided best not too
Each time we vaccumed fiber would come out, so it made our carpet look worse then before we had it installed
So thought its cheap thats why**************.ummm
My daughter and her husband rented our upstairs and bought carpet more exspensive from the same carpet place
Stating to them that she wanted nothing like ours, they assured her it had a 5 year warranty (never given)
So now within less then a year it looks like ours. We called the carpet place they stated it's probably dirty and needs to
be cleaned. Finally after more calls they agreed to come over. They looked at her's also showed them ours, that they looked the same
(he agreed this was not normal even for ours) He stated we only install the carpeting that he would contact the manufacturer, and have them come over that would
be within the next two weeks.Well more then 2 weeks past...nothing...So we tried to call they ignored our messages
So for example if i buy, something from Wal-mart but it's made from China i would bring it back to Wal-mart beacuse the product ia defective would they in return tell
me i would have to contact China????
They have charged our daughter and her husband for the exact carpeting (we have) but at a greater price
my daughter saved the fiber each time she vaccumed.... So what's our chances on small claims court
Can they get away with this??

BL

If you do not have it request a copy of the warranties .

Then each of you separately write the the Co. RRR Certified mail , that sold and installed the carpet to honor the warranties . Request replies by mail .

The postal service will hold a certified letter up to 18 days before it's return . If it comes
back do-not open it . Save it for court .

Give it that long for a response before filing suite.

If said Co. will not , each of you sue separately in court .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">