• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Case Against Airline

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

greenda4

What is the name of your state? California

Hi,

I was to take a flight on Allegiant Airlines and I got to the ticket counter 35 mins before the flight was to depart and there was no one at the ticket counter. After the flight departed, someone finally came down to the counter and informed me that the flight has departed. Then I was informed that 45 mins prior to departure they close the ticket counter and the attendants go up (assuming all passengers have been checked in) to assist getting the plane prepared for departure. Therefore, I missed my flight and was informed that there wasn't another flight going out for another 4 days! So, I had to purchase a ticket on another carrier. Do I have any action against the airline??

Thanks,

greenda4

BelizeBreeze

What is the name of your state? California

Hi,

I was to take a flight on Allegiant Airlines and I got to the ticket counter 35 mins before the flight was to depart and there was no one at the ticket counter. After the flight departed, someone finally came down to the counter and informed me that the flight has departed. Then I was informed that 45 mins prior to departure they close the ticket counter and the attendants go up (assuming all passengers have been checked in) to assist getting the plane prepared for departure. Therefore, I missed my flight and was informed that there wasn't another flight going out for another 4 days! So, I had to purchase a ticket on another carrier. Do I have any action against the airline??

Thanks,

greenda4
Hold your boarding pass and customer agreement up to the monitor so we can read and advise.

greenda4

Here goes:

Check-in: In Las Vegas. Please check-in at the ALLEGIANT AIR ticket counter. Customers must check in 2 1/2 hours prior to departure, be in the gate area 30 minutes prior to departure to avoid forfeiting their reservation and all associated amenities. Aircraft doors will close at 10 minutes prior to departure to ensure an On-Time Departure.

REMINDERS AND FARE RULES:
This E-ticket is not transferable. This ticket is valid for travel on Allegiant Air scheduled service only and is non-refundable. If you choose to cancel or change your itinerary, which includes changes to travel dates, passenger names or pre-purchased seat selections will incur any applicable fare increase as well as a change fee of $50 per passenger per segment will be collected at that time. Allegiant Air must be notified of changes or cancellations at least 24 hours in advance of your originally scheduled flight. Allegiant Air does not overbook its flights, therefore if you "no show" for your flight your entire fare will be forfeited. All travel involving funds from this itinerary number must be completed no later than one year from the date original itinerary was purchased.

Airport Check-In: Please check in at the airport ticket counter location noted on the itinerary portion of the confirmation. Allegiant Air recommends arriving at the airport two hours prior to your scheduled departure time at our out stations, and 2.5 hours prior to your scheduled departure in Las Vegas and Orlando-Sanford. You must check in at the ticket counter at least 45 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time; if you do not, your reservation for that segment is subject to cancellation. You must be in the boarding area 30 minutes prior to departure. The Aircraft doors will close 10 minutes prior to departure. A valid government issued photo identification, such as a driver's license or passport, is required to board the aircraft. Pre-purchased seats will be held for you until 60 minutes before departure time.

Airport Security: Aviation security is extremely important for your safety and that of your fellow travelers. As you prepare to depart on your trip, please keep security foremost in your mind. DO NOT accept any items from unknown persons to carry with you. Keep all of your luggage in your immediate control at all times. DO NOT allow anyone to tamper with your luggage. If your bags have been outside of your immediate control for any reason, or if anyone has given you something to carry on this flight, NOTIFY AN ALLEGIANT AIR REPRESENTATIVE for proper clearance of your belongings before your flight.

BAGGAGE

Each ticketed passenger is allowed two (2) checked bags not to exceed of 50 lbs. each and outside dimensions (L+W+H) not to exceed 80 inches. Bags in excess of two (2) or exceeding weight or size limitations are subject to additional charges. Each ticketed passenger is also allowed one carry-on bag plus one personal item, such as a purse, briefcase or laptop computer. The carry-on bag can measure up to 9" high, 16" wide and 19" long. Please stow items under the seat in front of you and save the shared overhead compartment for larger items. As a reminder, airlines are not liable for items such as jewelry, cash or negotiable documents in checked baggage. Effective immediately, lighters are no longer allowed onboard commercial aircraft or in any area past the Security Checkpoint. The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) prohibits lighters in both carry-on and checked luggage. The United States Congress passed this provision in a continued effort to make air travel safer. By packing smart and leaving your lighter at home, you can accelerate the screening process and get to your flights faster. You may carry up to four books of safety matches with you onboard. As a suggestion, items such as those listed as well as personal items such as prescription drugs, car or house keys, irreplaceable photographs, etc. should be packed in a carry-on bag. Please review U.S. Department of Transportation Consumer Notices regarding your consumer rights and limitations of liability at www.allegiantair.com (Allegiant's Contract of Carriage). Thank you for purchasing Allegiant Air Ticketless Travel. For questions or changes concerning your reservation, call 1-702-505-8888.

BelizeBreeze

Here goes:

Check-in: In Las Vegas. Please check-in at the ALLEGIANT AIR ticket counter. Customers must check in 2 1/2 hours prior to departure, be in the gate area 30 minutes prior to departure to avoid forfeiting their reservation and all associated amenities. Aircraft doors will close at 10 minutes prior to departure to ensure an On-Time Departure.

REMINDERS AND FARE RULES:
This E-ticket is not transferable. This ticket is valid for travel on Allegiant Air scheduled service only and is non-refundable. If you choose to cancel or change your itinerary, which includes changes to travel dates, passenger names or pre-purchased seat selections will incur any applicable fare increase as well as a change fee of $50 per passenger per segment will be collected at that time. Allegiant Air must be notified of changes or cancellations at least 24 hours in advance of your originally scheduled flight. Allegiant Air does not overbook its flights, therefore if you "no show" for your flight your entire fare will be forfeited. All travel involving funds from this itinerary number must be completed no later than one year from the date original itinerary was purchased.

Airport Check-In: Please check in at the airport ticket counter location noted on the itinerary portion of the confirmation. Allegiant Air recommends arriving at the airport two hours prior to your scheduled departure time at our out stations, and 2.5 hours prior to your scheduled departure in Las Vegas and Orlando-Sanford. You must check in at the ticket counter at least 45 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time; if you do not, your reservation for that segment is subject to cancellation. You must be in the boarding area 30 minutes prior to departure. The Aircraft doors will close 10 minutes prior to departure. A valid government issued photo identification, such as a driver's license or passport, is required to board the aircraft. Pre-purchased seats will be held for you until 60 minutes before departure time.

Airport Security: Aviation security is extremely important for your safety and that of your fellow travelers. As you prepare to depart on your trip, please keep security foremost in your mind. DO NOT accept any items from unknown persons to carry with you. Keep all of your luggage in your immediate control at all times. DO NOT allow anyone to tamper with your luggage. If your bags have been outside of your immediate control for any reason, or if anyone has given you something to carry on this flight, NOTIFY AN ALLEGIANT AIR REPRESENTATIVE for proper clearance of your belongings before your flight.

BAGGAGE

Each ticketed passenger is allowed two (2) checked bags not to exceed of 50 lbs. each and outside dimensions (L+W+H) not to exceed 80 inches. Bags in excess of two (2) or exceeding weight or size limitations are subject to additional charges. Each ticketed passenger is also allowed one carry-on bag plus one personal item, such as a purse, briefcase or laptop computer. The carry-on bag can measure up to 9" high, 16" wide and 19" long. Please stow items under the seat in front of you and save the shared overhead compartment for larger items. As a reminder, airlines are not liable for items such as jewelry, cash or negotiable documents in checked baggage. Effective immediately, lighters are no longer allowed onboard commercial aircraft or in any area past the Security Checkpoint. The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) prohibits lighters in both carry-on and checked luggage. The United States Congress passed this provision in a continued effort to make air travel safer. By packing smart and leaving your lighter at home, you can accelerate the screening process and get to your flights faster. You may carry up to four books of safety matches with you onboard. As a suggestion, items such as those listed as well as personal items such as prescription drugs, car or house keys, irreplaceable photographs, etc. should be packed in a carry-on bag. Please review U.S. Department of Transportation Consumer Notices regarding your consumer rights and limitations of liability at www.allegiantair.com (Allegiant's Contract of Carriage). Thank you for purchasing Allegiant Air Ticketless Travel. For questions or changes concerning your reservation, call 1-702-505-8888.
you lose**************

tranquility

When I go to the Alligiant Airlines website and the "Contract of Carriage" page, I see:

"Airport Check-in time limits: Carrier may cancel the reservation of any passenger who fails to present themselves for check-in at the airport ticket counter at least 120 minutes and at the boarding gate at least 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time of the flight for which the reservation was made."

Which makes it quite clear you violated the terms and you have no case. Even if what you wrote was the contract at the time, the website has the final say:

"Carrier reserves the right, to the extent not prohibited by federal law, to change, delete, or add to any of the terms of this Contract of Carriage without prior notice. All changes must be in writing and approved by a corporate officer of Carrier. "

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">