• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Case against Home Depot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Izzletodasmizzl

What is the name of your state? Washington State

The problem that i am having is that I called Home Depot about a 32" television that a friend of mine picked up at a home depot where he lives that was on sale for about $480 dollars. This being a good deal I of course called the Home Depot around where i live to ask them if they had any in stock and they did so they took my credit card over the phone and said that I could come and pick it up anytime. About 10min after getting off the phone the same guy called me back and stated on my message machine that the TV was a black Friday deal and that I couldn't pick it up until then. So on Friday I called the Home Depot and asked them if it was still on hold for me which they stated it was. When I came into the store to pick it up it had "disappeared" and they would refund my money. I told them that I did not want my money back i wanted the TV that they charged me for a week ago and was on hold for me. They also would not budge on giving me another TV as a substitution and said they would not be getting anymore of the TV's in that I ordered. Now this same TV would cost me about $800 dollars anywhere else so you can kind of understand why I am upset about this and want the actual TV over the money. Now knowing how most big businesses work they usually would rather settle out of court for such a small amount but do I have any case at all for asking them for $800 because that is the going rate for the TV?

Betty

It's unfortunate but this happens on occasion ( & not just at Home Depot). As long as you got your money back, you have no case to pursue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">