• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cash from a sold vehical

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Konagold

What is the name of your state?California
A year and half ago I was perswaded to sell my truck by my live in boyfriend. We were expecting a baby and my little toyota truck was a bit small and he felt he wanted me be in a Larger car "SUV". So, he gave me his car. It gave us nothing but problems however, He makes great money and fixing it wasn't the issue it was the inconvience. I didn't want to sell my truck since we were buying a home and would be remodeling. I felt it would be great for tranporting materials. It was paid for and in Great condition so, why sell it now. I did it anyway...He's always taken good care of me. Now that we are broken up and he sent me and my daughter from Hawaii where we lived to Calif. to visit our families for two mos. while he prepares for a new job. I have since desided to stay due to his unfaithfulness. He I refuses to give me the money for the car or ship my things until i bring our daughter back and go by his terms. It's a control thing. In the mean time I have no money to support us and have files for welfare and don't have a car to get a job. I'm not asking for anything that wan't mine to begin with so how can I presue this to get my money and things. :(

JETX

Thank you for your interesting story. Now, if you would care to ask for legal advice, let us know.

K

Konagold

I want to know If I can suit him for my $4200. for the sale of my truck and the shipping expences he said he would pay for to have my personal belongings shipped from Kona to Loas Angeles, which is about $2800.00. remember the action took place in Hawaii and I'm now in California. How can I go abou doing this and winning.

Konagold said:
What is the name of your state?California
A year and half ago I was perswaded to sell my truck by my live in boyfriend. We were expecting a baby and my little toyota truck was a bit small and he felt he wanted me be in a Larger car "SUV". So, he gave me his car. It gave us nothing but problems however, He makes great money and fixing it wasn't the issue it was the inconvience. I didn't want to sell my truck since we were buying a home and would be remodeling. I felt it would be great for tranporting materials. It was paid for and in Great condition so, why sell it now. I did it anyway...He's always taken good care of me. Now that we are broken up and he sent me and my daughter from Hawaii where we lived to Calif. to visit our families for two mos. while he prepares for a new job. I have since desided to stay due to his unfaithfulness. He I refuses to give me the money for the car or ship my things until i bring our daughter back and go by his terms. It's a control thing. In the mean time I have no money to support us and have files for welfare and don't have a car to get a job. I'm not asking for anything that wan't mine to begin with so how can I presue this to get my money and things. :(

JETX

"I want to know If I can suit him for my $4200. for the sale of my truck"
*** No, you cannot sue him for YOUR agreeing to sell the vehicle.

"and the shipping expences he said he would pay for to have my personal belongings shipped from Kona to Loas Angeles, which is about $2800.00."
*** You might be able to sue him for reimbursement of this expense, but you will have to be able to convince the court that an agreement to reimburse was in existence. What EXACTLY do you have to show that he agreed to reimburse you??

"remember the action took place in Hawaii and I'm now in California."
*** Then you will likely have to sue him in Hawaii. That is where any 'agreement' took place and we assume that is where any assets are that he might have.

"How can I go abou doing this and winning."
*** As you can see, it is very easy to "go about doing this", but much harder to assure that you "win".

K

Konagold

Only going off of what he said or promised. I see what you mean. He will lie about saying too. thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">