• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cell phone usage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mamah

What is the name of your state? CA

I have a cell phone that my ex gave me so he could talk to his children with. At least that's what he told me at the time. Really he uses it as a tool to harass me w, but I'm trying to put an end to that. I'm going to write him and tell him he needs to communicate with ME via writing. But, I actually want to keep the cell phone so that would be his means of calling his children. (BTW, he has not asked for the phone back and maybe he won't) But, I'm moving in with my parents and they don't want him calling their phone. So, if he were to demand I give him back the phone out of anger, would I have to give it back to him? He did give it to me. The line costs $10 per month. I understand he needs a way to get ahold of them if he wants to say hello, but my parents phone is not an option and I don't have a phone yet.
What do you think?

JETX

mamah said:
So, if he were to demand I give him back the phone out of anger, would I have to give it back to him?
Of course you don't have to return it.... but then YOU will be liable for the bill. Simply, the 'gift' was clearly conditional. If you change the conditions.... you pay.

mamah

Well, that would be fine with me. If he presented me with the bill, I'd be happy to pay my share. I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">