• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charge Back:

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hispeedimports

What is the name of your state? FL.

HI,

I am the owner of a small retail store in the state of Florida, we also have an online web store. We sell automotive custom wheels, tires and accessories, all our products are good quality, brand new and covered by the manufacturer warranty. My top priority is customer service and I will do my best to make any customer happy.

In July 7, 2006 I sold a complete set ( 6 Wheels ) of custom Dually Truck wheels to a customer in the state of IL. for $1400.00 + $150.00 shipping. I did not have these in stock, so they were special order from the manufacturer and shipped to the customer directly from their warehouse.

The customer called me a week or so after receiving the wheels to let me know that two of the wheels were bent or defective, so I told him that if that was the case the wheels were covered by the manufacturer warranty, after contacting the manufacturer, they agreed to send the customer the two replacement wheels, but the manufacturer did not have any left in stock and we had to wait around 2 weeks before we could send the customer the replacement wheels.

During this time the customer filed a charge back with his credit card company. We send the customer the two replacement wheels next day air as soon as they were available and he did received the replacement wheels.

He has the wheels mounted on his truck for 4 months now and also received a $1550.00 credit to his credit card, he never return the wheels.

At that moment I had Pay Pal as my merchant services, so Pay Pal withdraw the amount from my account to credit the customer credit card company. I have a different merchant service now and because I do not use Pay Pal anymore the $1550.00 were not available in my Pay Pal account, living that account with a $1550.00 negative balance.

I tried to contact AMEX and Pay Pal regarding this situation, but all they can tell me that it is my problem to collect the merchandise from the customer.

Now the customer want to keep the wheels, but he want to take advantage of the situation and he is asking for a $300.00 credit to cover his time and balancing the wheels labor fee.

We are not responsible for labor concerning balancing or mounting tires that were not purchased from us. If the customer by a set of wheels only and purchase the tires from other store we can't be responsible for the labor. We are responsible for balancing problems if we sell a tire and wheel package, because we did the labor we are responsible.

Also, the wheels have been used for over 4 months now, I can't accept a return for used merchandise, I will not get credit for it.

My question, Is there anything I can do to collect the $1550.00?,

Thanks in advance, Mario

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">