• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cheated on e bay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wrenchnone

What is the name of your state? IL (Seller in Ca)
I posted this in "Online Purchaces" and they said I'd have to sue in small claims. SO here we go. I won an auction for $515.00 and paid through pay pal. The seller never sent the item. I filed a clain with e bay, won and got $175.00 from e bay, nothing from pay pal because seller pulled all funds from the account on file. Where do I go from here? Can I file without going to Ca? Can I get back whatever it costs to file? Thank you for any help or suggestions.

zad0

You should be able to get your full money back from paypal, you need to file a dispute with them.

wrenchnone

I agree with you that I "should" be able to get my money back from pay pal. I may not heve been clear here. I did file a claim. Their process is that you file through e bay. If you pay w/ pay pal (which I did) the claim goes to Pay pal which it did. That found in my favor. However their policy is that if there are no funds in the "loosers" account there is nothing they (pay pal) will do. Thus the $175.00 from e bay.

Who was your seller?

I live in IL also and recently had a bad transaction with a seller in CA. She said item was NEW and it was used, torn, and had blood stains all over it (it was a comforter). I won the case, but still haven't seen my money. I even had to pay $17 to send the item back to her, so now I'm out the total for the item and the shipping and the money to ship it back to her. I hope it's resolved soon. Good luck with your issue. Don't let them get away with this. Stay on them and write letters. Send them certified mail if you can...find a name of someone who can make decisions and send to him or her. Good luck!
HT

zad0

It's a good thing when I bought my item, I used paypal buyer credit to purchase the item, otherwise I probably would've never gotten it back. These two issues alone has made me pretty much decide that I won't ever be making online purchases unless they have a full warranty / guarantee on it. Here's my past thread on an issue related to ebay/paypal:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=231620

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">