• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Care facility refuses to refund fee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blksheep

What is the name of your state? Ohio

The childcare facility is refusing to refund a $85 summer activity fee. I asked the day they insisted on the fee being paid if it would be refunded as my child would be leaving the facility in June (I did not have a date yet). The Director said she did not know but would ask her boss. In the summer of 2005 my other child attended the summer program for the same school but did not go the last month. His fee was appropriately prorated for the 2 month he was there.

The wording on the summer packet the was distributed says, "Fees will not be refunded for child illness or change in schedules"

I feel that I should have the fee refunded because:
A. They set the precedence in 2005 the summer fees are prorated.
B. If the director and the assistant director did not know then why should the customer.
C. The clause in the packet cite illness or change in schedule it does not specify leaving the center all together.
D. The child is leaving before the start of the summer program.

If I sued in small claims court what would be the likely hood of winning?What is the name of your state?

racer72

A. Irrelevant. The business has the right to change it's policy.

B. Time to read the updated policies. Assumptions can come back to bite you.

C. Change of schedule seems to fit pretty nicely. You made the change, they didn't.

D. Your choice.

If I sued in small claims court what would be the likely hood of winning?
I am going to say slim and none and slim is on his way out of town.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">