• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Childcare Provider Wishes to Keep Money When She Did Not Watch Child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Linpavlick

My two year old was supposed to go to his babysitters house on Tuesday and Thursday. My son was ill and instead went to the doctor. The babysitter demands payment every Monday morning and had received payment as requested. She offered to return the money that she was paid and had stated that she wished to return it on that Friday and then changed the date to the following Monday. We agreed to come pick up the money but were deterred and contacted her a week later to address the situation. She then informed us that she was no longer going to return the money and that she would be giving us his diapers and wipes and that's it. What are the options?

Proserpina

My two year old was supposed to go to his babysitters house on Tuesday and Thursday. My son was ill and instead went to the doctor. The babysitter demands payment every Monday morning and had received payment as requested. She offered to return the money that she was paid and had stated that she wished to return it on that Friday and then changed the date to the following Monday. We agreed to come pick up the money but were deterred and contacted her a week later to address the situation. She then informed us that she was no longer going to return the money and that she would be giving us his diapers and wipes and that's it. What are the options?
Which state are you in, and how much money are we talking about?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">