• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Citation to discover assets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Goonie

Illinios.

I lost a small claims case and now the plaintiff filed a citation to discover assets. Theres a court date for it exacly a month from the ruling.

I am planning on filing an appeal. If I do, do I still have to show up to this citation?

What happens in court during this citation?

thank you.

Yes.

Even if you filed a Motion to Reconsider, if there is a court date, you are required to show up. You will need to request a continuance since the matter is under appeal and show proof that an appeal has been filed. The Judge might want to proceed anyway so have all your documentation just in case.

Once the appeal has been accepted, they will notify the other party of the appeal. Only if the SCC notifies you the hearing is canceled should you not attend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">