• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

City-owned fence collapses on top of car causing damage (photo)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

delsolar

What is the name of your state? TX

Last weekend my girlfriend left her car parked overnight at my apartment complex. Sometime during the evening, the chain-link fence lining the side of the road collapses, falling on top of her car and damaging the passenger side with numerous deep scratches.

Photo of the offending fence and the resulting damage

The fence is along the city-owned side of the street, and was repaired a few days later.

My question is if we have any recourse against the city for an incident such as this? And if so, where or what branch of the city government usually handles claims such as these?

Many thanks,
Alex

Last edited:

Shay-Pari'e

delsolar said:
What is the name of your state? TX

Last weekend my girlfriend left her car parked overnight at my apartment complex. Sometime during the evening, the chain-link fence lining the side of the road collapses, falling on top of her car and damaging the passenger side with numerous deep scratches.

Photo of the offending fence and the resulting damage

The fence is along the city-owned side of the street, and was repaired a few days later.

My question is if we have any recourse against the city for an incident such as this? And if so, where or what branch of the city government usually handles claims such as these?

Many thanks,
Alex
Was it reported ? Did the police state it was a city fence that fell on the car and made the damages? Did she report the incident with her insurance company?

M

mreman

So who are the FAT chicks posing by the Nortel sign? ANd WHY are they posing there in 3 pictures?

BL

With that nice Honda I bet you have collision.

Ck with your Insurance Co.

Often Cities are Exempt from lawsuits , and their Insurance Carriers know it .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">