• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil court/small claims

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mcdo

What is the name of your state? NC

I'm suing a Milwaukee, WI business in small claims. After presenting the evidence, I was granted a 2nd hearing. I don't know if I can recover loss time from work and travel expenses. I'm seeking all monetary damages.

Could I file a Civil lawsuit while the small claims process is pending?

seniorjudge

mcdo said:
What is the name of your state? NC

I'm suing a Milwaukee, WI business in small claims. After presenting the evidence, I was granted a 2nd hearing. I don't know if I can recover loss time from work and travel expenses. I'm seeking all monetary damages.

Could I file a Civil lawsuit while the small claims process is pending?
Q: I don't know if I can recover loss time from work and travel expenses.

A: You cannot.

Q: Could I file a Civil lawsuit while the small claims process is pending?

A: Not against the same party for the same incident.

mcdo

I live in SC, I filed a small claim against a company in Milwaukee, WI. In the claim I wrote "bait and switch" and warranty violation. After presenting the evidence I was granted another hearing. Maybe the defendant will settle for all my damages but I doubt it. Some of my damages include time loss from work and travel. They have no reason to negotiate unless I can give them reason to.

If I don't get my total monetay demands, I will need to file a Civil lawsuit against that company.

I can file a different claim than what is stated above. This was an Internet transaction for a mechanical auto part. It was defective and they sent the wrong part. They would only refund if I pay shipping and stocking fees but I refused because they breached and it was not my fault. I have documented proof of what I ordered and what I received (carfax report).

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">