• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil Judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Igonefishn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas. About 1 year ago I represented myself in civil matter and lost. The judge awarded the party $10,000 and the lawyers $3,000 in small claims court. I filled out the disclosure paper work and sent it to the lawyer. I have nothing in my name and I do not have any bank accounts in my name. I assume the lawyer found that hard to believe. I just received a motion notice from the court. He is requesting the disclosure be filled out again and that he, the lawyer, be awarded $500 within 5 days. If he is part of the judgement settlement, can he request that from the court? What if I am not able to pay the request, due to being out of work?

davidmcbeth3

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas. About 1 year ago I represented myself in civil matter and lost. The judge awarded the party $10,000 and the lawyers $3,000 in small claims court. I filled out the disclosure paper work and sent it to the lawyer. I have nothing in my name and I do not have any bank accounts in my name. I assume the lawyer found that hard to believe. I just received a motion notice from the court. He is requesting the disclosure be filled out again and that he, the lawyer, be awarded $500 within 5 days. If he is part of the judgement settlement, can he request that from the court? What if I am not able to pay the request, due to being out of work?
Can you post the request? If you did not lie & dont have $$ there is little the court should do to you. How did he get attnys fees?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">