• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Claim for monies owed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jmayers7362

What is the name of your state?NC

I agreed to do several things:

1. Live in sister's trailer and pay lot rent there while I was living there.
2. Drive a car belonging to my sister and pay the insurance while I was driving it.
3. Pay off wedding dress that sister bought me but then told me that I would have to pay for since we got in an argument.

I have now been out of the trailer for a year, but still paid lot rent. I finally told sister to go jump and that I was not paying her bill. She then came to my house and took her car right out of the driveway. Obviously, I am not going to pay insurance on it now. Finally, since our arguments, I told her to take the dress and sell it and keep the money or return the dress. She bought it as a gift in the first place and then decided I would HAVE to pay for it.

Now sis says she is going to sue me in small claims for the amount of the dress, at least this month's lot rent, and this months car insurance, plus pain and suffering. If she can go higher than small claims, then she is going to try for a whole lot more (or so she says). Remember that the lot is in her name, the trailer on it belongs to her, the car is in her name and the insurance is in her name.

Does she have a case against me? If so, Do I have any recourse? Should I be concerned?

BL

jmayers7362 said:
What is the name of your state?NC

I agreed to do several things:

1. Live in sister's trailer and pay lot rent there while I was living there.
2. Drive a car belonging to my sister and pay the insurance while I was driving it.
3. Pay off wedding dress that sister bought me but then told me that I would have to pay for since we got in an argument.

I have now been out of the trailer for a year, but still paid lot rent. I finally told sister to go jump and that I was not paying her bill. She then came to my house and took her car right out of the driveway. Obviously, I am not going to pay insurance on it now. Finally, since our arguments, I told her to take the dress and sell it and keep the money or return the dress. She bought it as a gift in the first place and then decided I would HAVE to pay for it.

Now sis says she is going to sue me in small claims for the amount of the dress, at least this month's lot rent, and this months car insurance, plus pain and suffering. If she can go higher than small claims, then she is going to try for a whole lot more (or so she says). Remember that the lot is in her name, the trailer on it belongs to her, the car is in her name and the insurance is in her name.

Does she have a case against me? If so, Do I have any recourse? Should I be concerned?
Tell her she should eat the dress . She won't get a penny from you .

If she sues , counter sue her for lot rent for the year you were not living there .

S

seniorjudge

Ask sis if she has any legal authority that says you are supposed to pay her bills.

This time I would say it's a good thing you have nothing in writing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">