• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Claiming against me from 3 years ago.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nny

Hi,
I from the UK and hoping someone could help..

i just received a a letter from an old employer making a claim about an over payment 3 years ago. it was when i was changing jobs inside the nhs and they continued to pay me for both jobs. they had been in contact with me a few years ago when this happened and i had forgotten about it to this point. they got in contact a short while ago and i said i was happy to pay the money back im not working at the moment and would pay as soon as i could. this morning i got this letter from the court explaining what they were doing and on top of the money owed was a large sum of interest. after speaking to the claims centre they said that this is normal. im still not in a position to pay anything back until mid october at least. is there any advise anyone could offer? what are my options? im happy to pay the money which was paid to me but not the interest. i have also asked how the mistake was made but no answer has been given yet.

Antigone*

Hi,
I from the UK and hoping someone could help..

i just received a a letter from an old employer making a claim about an over payment 3 years ago. it was when i was changing jobs inside the nhs and they continued to pay me for both jobs. they had been in contact with me a few years ago when this happened and i had forgotten about it to this point. they got in contact a short while ago and i said i was happy to pay the money back im not working at the moment and would pay as soon as i could. this morning i got this letter from the court explaining what they were doing and on top of the money owed was a large sum of interest. after speaking to the claims centre they said that this is normal. im still not in a position to pay anything back until mid october at least. is there any advise anyone could offer? what are my options? im happy to pay the money which was paid to me but not the interest. i have also asked how the mistake was made but no answer has been given yet.
US Law Only. Sorry but law from across the pond is not our specialty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">