• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Clocked car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brian-smith

In April 2008 I bought a new car with 45,000 miles . It had a full Vauxhall service history , I done a hpi check and phoned the dealer where the car was serviced 3 months previous at 42,000 , everything was ok so I bought it. Soon after I began having problems so I took it to a Vauxhall dealer because it was still under the 3 year or 60,000 mile warranty . They put a new turbo on with no issues . soon after it was back in for another problem once again fixed under the warranty and again a few weeks later . At this point I lost faith in the car and Part exchanged the car with another . Then in January of this year ( 7 months later ) the dealer where I part exchanged contacted me saying the car had been clocked and they wanted £5,500 of me . They have since sold the car and are taking me to court for the difference . I had no idea this car had been clocked because of the full service history and the warranty work would not have been done if it had been clocked . Please where do I stand in this situation.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
In April 2008 I bought a new car with 45,000 miles . It had a full Vauxhall service history , I done a hpi check and phoned the dealer where the car was serviced 3 months previous at 42,000 , everything was ok so I bought it. Soon after I began having problems so I took it to a Vauxhall dealer because it was still under the 3 year or 60,000 mile warranty . They put a new turbo on with no issues . soon after it was back in for another problem once again fixed under the warranty and again a few weeks later . At this point I lost faith in the car and Part exchanged the car with another . Then in January of this year ( 7 months later ) the dealer where I part exchanged contacted me saying the car had been clocked and they wanted £5,500 of me . They have since sold the car and are taking me to court for the difference . I had no idea this car had been clocked because of the full service history and the warranty work would not have been done if it had been clocked . Please where do I stand in this situation.
US Law Only!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">