• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Co. now Out of Business - suit filed 12/04 court 03/17/05

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

frustrated2005

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Missouri

The company is based in Kansas but they did construction work in my home in Missouri over a nine week period in spring of 2004.

I filed a small claims suit in December 2004, court date scheduled 3/17/05 with papers to be served one month prior. Today I thought I'd check local BBB to see if any other complaints have been filed. It appears this company is no longer in business and doesn't show up on list of current contractor licenses in Johnson County, Ks. I don't know when they went out of business.

It was an LLP and it appears one of the partners may be still in business under another business name.

They improperly installed an egress window which leaked water 05/17/04. I had a certified installer confirm the installation was faulty which caused the leakage. I was able to collect some money on 12/01/04 from their insurance company for the water damage but the insurance company wouldn't pay to replace the window and neither would the contractor.

If the primary company is out of business, what will happen to my suit? What other options to I have to pursue my case and collections?

Thank you very much. ~ Frustrated2005 ~

HomeGuru

frustrated2005 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Missouri

The company is based in Kansas but they did construction work in my home in Missouri over a nine week period in spring of 2004.

I filed a small claims suit in December 2004, court date scheduled 3/17/05 with papers to be served one month prior. Today I thought I'd check local BBB to see if any other complaints have been filed. It appears this company is no longer in business and doesn't show up on list of current contractor licenses in Johnson County, Ks. I don't know when they went out of business.

It was an LLP and it appears one of the partners may be still in business under another business name.

They improperly installed an egress window which leaked water 05/17/04. I had a certified installer confirm the installation was faulty which caused the leakage. I was able to collect some money on 12/01/04 from their insurance company for the water damage but the insurance company wouldn't pay to replace the window and neither would the contractor.

If the primary company is out of business, what will happen to my suit? What other options to I have to pursue my case and collections?

Thank you very much. ~ Frustrated2005 ~
**A: file a regular claims action agaisnt the company and name as Defendants the LLC and all partners/company owners indivdually.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">